Clearing Access Bursary
The Clearing Access Bursary is offered to support with living expenses for your first year at Buckinghamshire New University.
Terms and conditions
1. The Clearing Access Bursary is offered to support with living expenses for your first year at Buckinghamshire New University. The Bursary will consist of £1,500 reduction on University hall accommodation at Brook Street, based on meeting two out of three of the following criteria:
- Being in Clearing 2019
- First generation in Higher Education
- Resident in a POLAR4, quintiles 1 and 2 postcode.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
3. The Bursary is only open to students with Home/EU fee status.
4. The deadline for the Clearing Access Bursary is 10 September 2019. After this date, eligible students may still apply, but funding is not guaranteed. Late applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
5. The Bursary is open to new students entering Brook Street standard accommodation only (subject to availability).
6. This Bursary cannot be used in conjunction with another scholarship or bursary offered by Buckinghamshire New University.
7. Successful applicants to the Clearing Access Bursary will receive funding according to the following payment schedule:
|Date||Amount||Type of payment|
|October 2019||£500||Reduction on cost of Brook Street Halls of Residence*|
|January 2020||£500||Reduction on cost of Brook Street Halls of Residence*|
|April 2020||£500||Reduction on cost of Brook Street Halls of Residence*|
*Please note, this will be a reduction on your University accommodation; it will not be supplied as a cash payment.
8. Any bursary decision made by Buckinghamshire New University is final. The University reserves the right to withdraw the bursary at any point prior to acceptance of the offer to study.
9. Buckinghamshire New University will remove the bursary immediately if:
- A student withdraws from a programme of study;
- A student is suspended or excluded from the University;
- A student has made any misrepresentation or acted fraudulently or dishonestly.