Details of all assessments for a module should be provided to you at the start of the year in your Programme Handbook.
For each assignment you will also receive a written ‘assessment brief’ which will give you the following information:
- The nature of the assignment to be undertaken
- The format for presentation, e.g. electronic submission or hard copy
- How the assignment relates to the learning outcomes to be assessed
- Constraints or restrictions on the assignment, e.g. word count limits
- Other requirements, e.g. referencing of sources, confidentiality
- Assessment criteria against which the quality of your assignment will be marked
- The procedure, date and deadline for submission of your assignment
- The expected date and format for return of feedback on your assignment
You are strongly advised to keep a copy of all work you have submitted for assessment.