The IT Service Desk provides a friendly and helpful point of contact for IT Services and support for students, staff and visitors to the University.
IT Service Desk support hours:
Term-time hours: Monday – Friday 08:00 – 19:00
Non-term time hours: Monday - Friday 08:00 - 17:00
Contact telephone: 01494 605000 or Ext 5000
IT Service Desks are manned as follows:
High Wycombe (Gateway, 2nd floor) - Term Time Hours:
- Monday to Friday 08:00 - 19:00
- Saturday (limited service) 11:30 - 16:00
海威科姆 (Gateway, 2nd floor) - Non-term Time Hours:
- Monday to Friday 08:00 - 17:00
Uxbridge (Library, 1st Floor):
- Monday to Friday 09:00 - 16:00
- network drives for data storage
- setting up your email forwarding
- connecting to Wi-Fi (eduroam)
- free antivirus for your laptop
- advice on free software provided for students
- logging onto blackboard
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
What you can expect from us…
- a friendly voice, who introduces themselves and is ready to help
- that we’ll always log a case, this might be an Incident or a Request and give you a reference.
- a series of questions to try and clarify the reason for the call and its impact and urgency.
- we will assign a priority and tell you what it is.
In return you’d make our job easier if…..
- you contact us via telephone, if you’re reason for contact has a significant impact or is urgent.
- if you are a using a university asset, have the asset reference at hand.
- you introduce yourself and explain clearly the reason for contacting us.
- you explain the impact of an issue.
- you explain why something is urgent or if there is a deadline.
- you are new and you try reviewing the Getting Started area of our webpages first.
- check the Self Help areas as automated solutions may already exist.